Software engineers design and implement new systems and features, as well as modify and maintain existing systems for adaptation to business and/or technology changes. They develop software solutions by studying systems flow and work processes, conferring with users, and following the software development lifecycle.
Position Location: Dubai, UAE
Business Industry: Real Estate
Reporting to: Technical Manager
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend business and technical meetings to analyze business requirements and assist in generating a feasibility report.
- Develop and direct software system validation and testing methods.
- Manage the software development lifecycle.
- Oversee the development of documentation.
- Monitor the system performance.
- Test new software and fix bugs.
- Manage and track the Software code changes through Version control.
- Translate business/functional requirements to technical requirements.
- Design and develop different kinds of applications.
- Deploy applications and user acceptance testing.
- Create innovative solutions to meet the company’s technical needs.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer/Software Engineering.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as Software Engineer.
- Knowledge of basic coding languages including Java enterprise applications, J2EE and SQL.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personality Attributes:
- Java J2EE, enterprise application development and SQL database.
- JAX-RS, JAX -WS (REST and SOAP API).
- CI Tools such as Jenkins, GitHub.
- Android Java, Swift, Flutter, React Native is a plus.
- Networking frameworks.
- Patterns like MVC, MVVM.
- Room Database, SQLite, Core Data, Realm.
- Mobile application development, Android and iOS is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to follow instructions and work in a team environment.